Adele L. DeNicola, BS
Graduate student, Neuroscience
- Cognitive control, electrophysiology, schizophrenia
- BS, Biology & Psychology, Boston College, MA
Honors & Awards
- American Legion Brain Sciences Family Award, 2015
- Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award Individual Predoctoral Fellowship (F31), 2015
- Sping and Ying Ngoh Lin Award, 2015
- MnDrive Neuromodulation Graduate Student Fellowship, 2014
- Boston College Dean's List, 2006-2010
- Golden Key National Honor Society, 2009, 2010
- Psi Chi Honor Society, 2007 - 2010
- Blackman, R.K, Crowe, D.A., DeNicola, A.L., Sakellaridi, S., MacDonald, A.W.,III, Chafee, M.V. (2016). Monkey prefrontal neurons reflect logical operations for cognitive control in a variant of the AX continuous performance task (AX-CPT). J Neurosci (IN PRESS).
- Numan, M., Bress, J. A., Ranker, L.R., Gary, A.J., DeNicola, A.L., Bettis, J.K., Knapp, S.E. (2010). The importance of the basolateral/ basomedial amygdala for goal-directed maternal responses in postpartum rats. Behavioral Brain Research, 214(2), 368 – 376.
- Oral presentation at Department of Neuroscience Colloquium Series, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, May 25, 2016 Title: Cognitive control performance errors and thalamocortical dynamics in a monkey model of schizophrenia.
- University of Minnesota Graduate Program in Neuroscience 20th Annual Retreat, February 2016, Poster Session
Title: Behavioral Dissection of the DPX task: Mechanisms Underlying Schizophrenia-Like Errors. DeNicola, A.L., Blackman, R.K., Chafee, M.V.
- Oral presentation at Department of Biology, Augsburg College, Minneapolis, MN, December 4, 2015
Career Panel: Graduate Student Representative.
- Oral presentation at Department of Neuroscience Colloquium Series, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, May 6, 2015
Title: Characterization and modulating primate thalamocortical network dynamics underlying cognitive control.
- University of Minnesota Graduate Program in Neuroscience 19th Annual Retreat, February 2015, Poster Session
Title: Normalizing cognitive control and prefrontal circuit dynamics following NMDAR blockade. DeNicola, A.L., Blackman R.K., Zick J., Crowe D.A., Chafee M.V.
- University of Minnesota Graduate Program in Neuroscience 18th Annual Retreat, February 2014, Poster Session
Title: Cortical Network Dynamics in a Primate Model of Schizophrenia, DeNicola, A.L., Blackman, R.K., Chafee, M.V.