Shikha Jain Goodwin, Ph.D.
- Post Doctoral Fellow, Department of Neurology, University of Minnesota
- Instructor - Biomedical Engineering, University of Minnesota
- Post Doctoral Associate, Brain Sciences Center
- Ph. D Biomedical Engineering, University of Minnesota, Mpls., MN
- M. S. Chemical and biomolecular engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology,
- B. Tech. Chemical Engineering H. B. T. I. Kanpur India
- Effects of Exercise on Brain Connectivity
- Coding and visual spatial attentive cognition
- fMRI Data Analysis of PTSD Subjects
- Motor planning and control
- NCBI List:
- Clickable Links (based on most recent published)
- 1) Carpenter AF, Goodwin SJ, Bornstein PF, Larson AJ, Markus CK : Cutaneous cryptococcosis in a patient taking fingolimod for multiple sclerosis: here come the opportunistic infections?, Multiple Sclerosis Journal
- 2) Goodwin, SJ : Integration of modeling with biology, clinical and imaging measures to provide better monitoring of disease progression and prediction of outcome, Neural Regeneration Research Journal, Volume 11, Pages 1900-1903
- 3) Goodwin SJ, Carpenter AF : Successful treatment of Paroxysmal Ataxia and Dysarthria in Multiple Sclerosis with Levetiracetam, Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders, Volume 10, November 2016, Pages 79-81
- 4) Goodwin SJ, Dziobek D : Defining the cofnitive enhancing properties of video games: Steps towards standardization and translation, Postdoc J. Sep; 4(9):32-36
- 5) Shikha Jain Goodwin, "Review of Brain-Machine Interfaces Used in Neural Prosthetics with New Perspective on Somatosensory Feedback through Method of Signal Breakdown," Scientifica, vol. 2016, Article ID 8956432, 10 pages, 2016
- 6) Chaubey S, Goodwin SJ, A Unified Frequency Domain Model to Study the Effect of Demyelination on Axonal Conduction. Biomed Eng Comput Biol. 2016 Apr 18;7:19-24. doi: 10.4137/BECB.S38554. eCollection 2016.
- 7) Goodwin SJ. A Brain in a Dish. Postdoc journal : a journal of postdoctoral research and postdoctoral affairs. 2015 November; 3(11):31-35
- 8) Crowe DA, Goodwin SJ, Blackman RK, Sakellaridi S, Sponheim SR, Macdonald AW 3rd, Chafee MV, Prefrontal neurons transmit signals to parietal neurons that reflect executive control of cognition, Nat Neurosci. 2013 Oct; 16(10):1484-91
- 9) Goodwin SJ, Blackman RK, Sakellaridi S, Chafee MV, Executive control over cognition: stronger and earlier rule-based modulation of spatial category signals in prefrontal cortex relative to parietal cortex. J Neurosci. 2012 Mar 7;32(10):3499-515
- 10) R. L. Rath, C. Bhattacharjee, Shikha Jain, P.K.Bhattacharya, Analysis of Treatment Processes (Biological followed by Reverse Osmosis) of Prehydrolysis Liquor, Chemical Engineering and Technology Journal. 2005, 28, No. 10, 1201- 1211
- 11) G. Hota, Shikha Jain,Kartic C. Khilar, 'Synthesis of CdS–Ag2S Core-shell/Composite Nanoparticles Using AOT/n-heptane/water Microemulsions', Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, Vol. 232, Issues 2-3, pp. 119-127, Jan 2004.
- VA Research Day, Topic- Levitracetram and PAD, Minneapolis VA Medical Center, May 2016
- American Academy of Neurology, Topic – Successful treatment of Paroxysmal Ataxia and Dysarthria in MS with Levitracetam, Vancouver, Canada, April 2016
- Journal Club Brain Sciences Center VA Medical Center, Topic - Virtual Environmental Enrichment through Video Games Improves Hippocampal-Associated Memory, January 2016
- MS Upper Midwest Study Group Topic- Exercise in MS Study Preview, Oct 2015
- PNI Data Blitz, Topic - Effects of Exercise on functional connectivity in brain, Oct 2015
- Journal Club Brain Sciences Center VA Medical Center, Topic - Structural changes in brain with exercise, June 2015
- Intelligent Insites, BUILD, Fargo Sept 2014, The W Word, Secrets of RTLS Success.
- IEEE engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, Chicago August 2014, Use of RTLS in Research.
- Life Science Alley Conference at Minneapolis, MN in December 2010, Neural correlates of rule-dependent spatial categorization in primate prefrontal and posterior parietal cortex, Appreciation- Best poster award sponsored by Experimental Surgical Services.
- Computational and Systems Neuroscience (CoSyNe) 2009, Utah, Feb 2009, Localizing the origin of executive control over distributed processing to prefrontal cortex.
- Society of Neuroscience (SFN), Washington DC, November 2008, Neural correlates of rule-dependent spatial categorization in primate prefrontal andposterior parietal cortex.
- Spring Research Day of Cognitive Sciences Center, University of Minnesota, MN, March 2009, Neural Basis of Executive control in spatial cognition, Appreciation Best Poster Award.
- Cognitive Neuroscience, San Francisco, April 2006, Neural Correlates of Cueing for Objects in Noise.
- Society for Neuroscience (SFN), WashingtonDC, November 2005, Fractal analysis of human EEG Signals for understanding the Mental states of the Brain.
- NC Symposium on Biotechnology & Bioinformatics, Raleigh October 2004, Parametric Modeling of Brain Signals.
- Seminar in 11th International Summer School on Cognitive Science, New Bulgarian University, Sofia, Bulgaria, July 2004, Fractal Analysis of Human Electroencephalographic Signals for Understanding the Mental States of the Brain.
- Asian Particle Technology APT'2003 held in Malaysia in December 2003, Novel Methods for Preparation of Ag2S @CdS Core Shell Nanoparticles using w/o Microemulsions.
- International Conference CHEMCON-2002 held at Hyderabad, India in December 2002, Preparation of Nanoparticles via ReverseMicellar Technique, Appreciation-Best Presentation Award.
- Esoterica-2002 at P.E.C. Chandigarh on March 2002, A New Model and Simulation for Mccabe Thiele, Appreciation- I Prize.
- Techfest –2002 at IITBombay on February 2002, Pervaporation – A Novel Separation Technique, Appreciation - Best Poster Award.